Glyndley Manor Swimming Pool
We are pleased to offer the use of the pool to those staying on the Glyndley estate during the summer months. Make sure you familiarise yourself with the Regulation section when using the swimming pool, for the safety of all.
Access to the pool is ONLY via the front door of the Manor House.
Please bring your cottage’s key fob to gain access to the pool.
Access will be refused if you do not show the key/fob. (Only for Glyndley Manor Cottages guests.)
Since the pool is unsupervised, with no lifeguard on duty, you are not allowed to swim in the pool if no one else is present. There must be a minimum of 2 people present, at all times.
The swimming pool is currently closed. It will re-open in spring 2023.
Monday – Friday:
9.30am-12:00pm and 2:00pm-5:00pm
9:30am-12:00pm and 2:00pm-5:00pm
Please be aware that the swimming pool may be closed, on occasion, if reception is not open or due to a chemical imbalance. It is part of our Health and Safety policy that there must be someone present to respond in case of an emergency.
We have lovely green spaces around the Cottages. You can hear bird songs and see squirrels playing on the grounds. There are two public footpaths at the far end of the cottages, leading you over farmers’ fields, these lead you to Hank ham, Hailsham, or to Polegate. The cuckoo trail is close by, a walk and cycle trail along the old disused railway line that extends for 14 miles through the Sussex countryside. A map is displayed in the Information centre.
There are many paths, woodlands, gardens, and open spaces to enjoy within the 17-acre estate.
Within the grounds of the estate, guests can enjoy the lovely lake and beautiful woodland which is home to some of England’s most unique birdlife – guaranteed to provide a memorable time of discovery and relaxation. Our playground is perfectly located in close reach of the Information Centre and invites children of all ages to have fun.
- We have a small lake to the rear of the Manor house which is stocked with carp and some roach. The carp go to about 6lb, with a large number of smaller carp under 1lb.
- Fishing at the lake is not open to the general public
- Holiday guests are free to fish in the lake while staying in one of the cottages
Parking & EV Charging
The main car park is located to your right after the Manor house, another “overflow” car park can be found outside cottages 2&3.
This also includes 2 disabled parking bays and a NEW 1 bay for EVC
EVC: Information coming soon
The area outside the Information & laundry centre is for:
- Access to emergency vehicles
- Disabled Parking: Blue badge holders and those who have a blue parking permit from Glyndley Manor Estate
- Loading/unloading only – No Overnight Parking Permitted
- For everyone’s safety, please note the speed limit is 15 MPH
Information and Laundry Centre
- The Information & Laundry Centre is in the centre of the cottages’ site
- You can find a nice selection of flyers
- There are 2 washing machines and 2 driers in the laundry
- Washing Tokens – which include Liquid tabs are available from the
- Manor House Reception at £3.50 per wash
- Only Bio liquid soap should be used as we are on a septic tank system
- Dryers operate with 20p & £1 coins only
- There is no time restriction to access the information centre
- You will need a code to enter the laundry (this can be found in your Welcome Pack)